Q: Multiple problems with car

My car is leaking coolant. In addition, the AC is not blowing very cold, the car smells like something is burning every time I finish driving, and my Service Engine light came on.

A: Hello. It sounds like you may have a couple...

Hello. It sounds like you may have a couple of issues going on that may or may not be related. The coolant leak needs to be checked and fixed first as that can cause engine overheating and cause the smell and cause the AC not to work. If the leak is not easily visible then a mechanic would typically start by doing a pressure test on the cooling system to locate any coolant leaks. Then the leak can be repaired. If these problems are not related then the AC system may be low on refrigerant. As for the check engine light, the coolant leak can also cause this. Before going further, a mechanic would scan the computer for codes to determine why the Service Engine Soon Light is on. The codes will help to let them know where to start. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to check it out.