Q: Motor running but lots of exhaust smoke and shaking. is it just the oil being burnt

the car smokes a lot and constantly shakes and it does have high mileage and im wondering if its just burning oil.

Blue smoke coming from your exhaust generally means that the motor is burning the engine oil. This can happen for a couple of different reasons such as worn piston rings or leaking valve guide seals. When this happens, the engine oil is burned in the combustion chamber along with the fuel which is what generates the blue smoke coming from the exhaust. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Motor running but lots of exhaust smoke and shaking. is it just the oil being burnt