Q: Mechanic said to use 32mm nut on wheel, but it doesn't fit

When I purchased my car, the driver's side front wheel was loose and I tightened it. I asked the dealership and was told to use a 32mm nut. When that didn't work, I used a 36mm and it fit. I'm wondering if this different size nut is causing some other problem. When I'm going under 20mph, the wheel makes a faint cranking-kind of sound and I don't want to have an accident if the tire falls off. What do you suggest I do?

A: It sounds to me that you may have overtight...

It sounds to me that you may have overtightened the nut or the bearing has gone bad and this is why it was loose in the first place. I recommend having the front end checked to see if the bearing needs to be replaced. You can try and see if the dealer will fix it for free, or have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and check the suspension and related systems for you.