Q: Mechanic said to use 32mm nut on wheel, but it doesn't fit

When I purchased my car, the driver's side front wheel was loose and I tightened it. I asked the dealership and was told to use a 32mm nut. When that didn't work, I used a 36mm and it fit. I'm wondering if this different size nut is causing some other problem. When I'm going under 20mph, the wheel makes a faint cranking-kind of sound and I don't want to have an accident if the tire falls off. What do you suggest I do?

It sounds to me that you may have overtightened the nut or the bearing has gone bad and this is why it was loose in the first place. I recommend having the front end checked to see if the bearing needs to be replaced. You can try and see if the dealer will fix it for free, or have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and check the suspension and related systems for you.

3. Mechanic said to use 32mm nut on wheel, but it doesn't fit