Q: Me and my boyfriend was going to pick up his son. We turned around the corner and the lights and everything was still working but car stopped.

Me and my boyfriend was going to get his son, we went around a corner lights and everything was still working but the car stopped we tried to turn it back on it sounds like it's trying to turn over but won't start after three attempts the car started making a funny noise but still won't turn over, what could this be

Hi there. It seems that the car battery has lost its charge and is not starting the engine. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight and clean. If the battery was drawn down, then check the alternator when the engine is running and see if it’s putting out a voltage of 13.5 to 14.7. If there is a good voltage reading, then turn on the lights and switch between the air conditioning system and high beams at the same time. The engine rpm’s should rise some to accommodate for the extra load on the battery and engine. If the headlights dim out, then the alternator is not working properly.

Then I suggest replacing the alternator and making sure the the battery is charged or replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Me and my boyfriend was going to pick up his son. We turned around the corner and the lights and everything was still working but car stopped.