2005 Mazda 6 2.3L manual transmission. The car was runnin...

2005 Mazda 6 2.3L manual transmission. The car was running and in neutral. I was extremely irritated at the moment and I stomped the clutch and slammed the gear shift into 1st gear. My gear shift automatically got real loose. I ca...

2005 Mazda 6 2.3L manual transmission. The car was running and in neutral. I was extremely irritated at the moment and I stomped the clutch and slammed the gear shift into 1st gear. My gear shift automatically got real loose. I can only get it to lock into 2and gear. Put it in 1st or 3rd and it wont stay. I think I can get it into 4th but it's so loose I possibly could still be in 2nd. The shifter will not go side to side to reach 5th or reverse and will not go into neutral. I removed the entire center console so everything is expose and h could see what was going on. I dont know what to do next or what it could even be. Please help me. I need my car fixed today

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and I will be right back with your answer, or I may need some additional information from you about your vehicle. The site will ask for a phone call not me so please disregard that thanks! Does not look like anything is damaged there. Might bein the transmission itself.
Automotive Expert
Since the car was running there's a good chance you damaged the synchro's in the transmission . You will need to have 1st and 3rd gear synchro's checked next for this issue . The shifter looks fine from the pictures. If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. I am here to help you in anyway I possibly can. Please Stay Safe ! It was my pleasure helping you today .