Q: May be harmonic balancer pully.

Machanic said the pulley was wobbling and belt kept slipping off.I dont have a/c but the car is running ok.I purchased a harmonic balancer pully but dont have the labor cost yet. will my car get damaged if I keep driving it without this pulley?

Hello. I will help you relative to your question about operating a car without a harmonic balancer. Your supposition that damage could or will occur if you operate the car without a harmonic balancer is correct. If, however, you are referring to an accessory pulley that is bolted to the harmonic balancer, and not the harmonic balancer itself, you can safely operate the car without the accessory pulley. The purpose of the harmonic balancer is to protect the crankshaft from torsional force.

Driving without a harmonic balancer could damage the crankshaft bearings, the crankshaft itself, and other engine parts. If need assistance with the replacement of your crankshaft harmonic balancer, YourMechanic can help you get the balancer installed and you need not worry about not having use of the car for long as the work will be done promptly. Thank you for your question and yes, wait until the balancer is installed before you drive the car any further.