Q: maintance light and check engine light

hey shaun i have a 1999 honda accord coupe v6 and it has about 203,325 miles.I dont know when was the last maintance it had but the maintance light is on also the check engine light is on.Is there any way you can help me out?

Hi there. The Service light is a vague warning and can indicate something as simple as too many miles between oil changes to potentially serious faults in the engine. The problem could be totally benign or very serious, and a professional inspection is the best course of action if the light is persistently illuminated. A mechanic can catch problems early that, if left unattended, could lead to costly repairs down the road. It’s best to have one of our local mobile mechanics complete a service light is on inspection so they can accurately determine why you’re having these issues on your Honda Accord.