Q: loww coolant, resevoir empty, need to know how to add more

my car is low on coolant. the resevoir tank is empty & when I open the radiator cap, i don't see any coolant. I have no leaks but car blows white smoke when heat is turned on

If the white smoke is coming from the exhaust tailpipe, you may have a coolant leak into the exhaust system via a leaking head gasket. If the smoke is in the passenger compartment, that could be due to a leaking heater core. You can add a 50-50 water/antifreeze mix to the radiator and the coolant recovery tank, but from your description it sounds like you may have a leak somewhere. If the coolant level is so low that even the level in the radiator is very low, there is often a leak somewhere in the system and that can be internal or external. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a coolant leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. loww coolant, resevoir empty, need to know how to add more