Q: Low rough idle and engine stall outs.

I have been having a really rough idle and sluggish acceleration from time to time since about 6 months after I bought the car. Mechanic after mechanic said they can't find any codes. I am now pursuing getting the TPS changed but I don't think this will fix it. I am just wondering if the IAC valve needs cleaning? I have cleaned the MAP sensor and it got better for a little while but is still idleing rough and low like around 620 RPM's. Sometimes the idle runs high like around 1000. I have had a problem with the engine stalling on me a few times.

Hi there. Though this can be caused by a few different things most of the time it is caused by a failing throttle body. The throttle body will have a failure in the actuator motor and this occurs, most of the time without a code. I usually monitor the sensor readings of the throttle body and the accelerator pedal to see if there are any data issues. If not then I will usually replace the throttle body. If you are looking to have this throttle issue fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the idling issue.