Q: Low power at Reverse Shifting. Shifting takes place 5 second late

When I shift to Reverse, I have to wait between 5 and 10 second. If not the car does not move when I push the acceleration pedal. When I wait some seconds, the cars accepts to move but requires more power. What can I do ? My automatic transmission was rebuilt some months ago.

Hi There, This kind of reaction is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem also exists when there simply is not enough transmission fluid to build the required hydraulic pressure to cause the solenoid to activate to the next gear. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Low power at Reverse Shifting. Shifting takes place 5 second late