Q: Replaced egr valve and drive cycle for egr and evap won't complete

So I replaced my egr valve as suggested by a mechanic on here and I reset the code and It has been 150 miles and no code and running better! But my problem now is that my egr and evap im monitor says incomplete (i need 1 of them to clear, the other 6 are ok) and I have tried the drive cycle driving suggestions and still incomplete. My scanner is a cheap one from walmart, could that be the issue or am I missing something yet again or should i drive it more? A local shop said just drive it 100 miles and it should be good but I'm past that now... any help will be very appreciated! This car is frustrating me lol

Hi Jeremy. Thanks for the question today. The type of digital scanner used can significantly impact the ability to clear codes. So, if you’re using a generic code reader that does not have Chevrolet-specific software to access all OBD-II generic and GM-specific codes, then that’s likely the problem. It’s also possible that the code reader you’re using is telling you incorrect data. Typically driving the vehicle for 100 to 200 miles will clear the system, so you might want to have a professional mechanic take a stab at it with their equipment if it doesn’t clear up in the next week or so.

3. Replaced egr valve and drive cycle for egr and evap won't complete