Q: Low oil pressure eventually will stall out. Is the oil pressure sensor connected to the fuel pump relay?

Low oil pressure eventually will stall out. Is the oil pressure sensor connected to the fuel pump relay?

Hello. Your oil pressure sensor should not be connected in any way to the fuel pump relay. These are two separate and distinct functions. I would first recommend checking the oil level to be sure there is enough oil in the motor. Next, check for leaks anywhere on or under the engine as this may also suggest the reason for low oil pressure if it is leaking out.

If no leaks are present and the oil level is normal, you may have a faulty oil pressure sending unit which is not uncommon. Regarding the stalling issue, this may likely be caused by a fuel delivery supply problem such as faulty injectors or low fuel pressure. To have this taken care of, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to inspect the stalling problem and low oil pressure.

• Low oil pressure eventually will stall out. Is the oil pressure sensor connected to the fuel pump relay?