Q: Loud noises when accelerating

When accelerating my car is very loud, sounds like a motorboat. Just started doing it today. When put into park it runs like it's going to shut off on me.

Hi there. It sounds like an exhaust manifold, passage, or pipe has broken or otherwise opened up. Perhaps an EGR passage is at fault here. Failure that is part of the EGR mechanism could affect engine idle as well.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the engine is running louder than normal and suggest any needed repairs.

3. Loud noises when accelerating