Q: loud clicking from rearend or transfercase

got it back from transmission shop now every mile or two I hear a loud clicking noise,like the transfer case is trying to kick in,but I don't know,very loud clicking ,I rode in the back of truck and I could hear it coming from either tranny or transfer case,just had transfer case rebuilt,and the transmission

Hello. It sounds like the transfer case and the transmission may not have been rebuilt correctly or not mounted properly. If you hear this noise every now and then, I would suspect that there is a thrust bearing that is not installed right. I have also seen small fractures in the sun shell inside of the transmission cause this. A bad u-joint can also cause this. I would definitely take it back to the shop that did the work as it should be under warranty.