Q: Lose power in eceleration or RPM gage don't go into gear smoothly

The car drive good from time to time I can drive it for maybe a hour and then it start to loose power in the acceleration,I pull over for maybe 10 min and then it's ready to go again I had it look at by Aamco and they can't find anything wrong with it but I do have a check engine light on and it indicates bank 1 o2 sensor can that be the problem?

A: Hello. A loss of power can be caused by man...

Hello. A loss of power can be caused by many things. If you have a Check Engine Light and code for an oxygen sensor then I would start there. A faulty oxygen sensor on either bank can cause all sorts of performance issues due to the fact that the computer relies on its its signal for vital engine performance calculations. A bad signal due to a faulty sensor can confuse the computer and lead to performance issues such as hesitation and loss of power. I would try to determine if the sensor needs to be replaced, and replace it if it does, and then go from there.