Q: Looking to buy this vehicle and they say it needs o2 sensor replaced

Does this mean there is more of a problem then they are saying?
My car has an automatic transmission. 183523 miles and it is a V8 5.7L 2004

Hi there. Without a proper inspection being performed, there is really no way to determine the extent of the needed repairs. If there is a stored code that points to the O2 sensor, that does not mean that the sensor is faulty. The code is stored because the engine computer received readings that are out of specification. Codes and data aid a qualified technician in determining what systems to test and what procedures to perform. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform inspections to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection and a pre-purchase inspection.

3. Looking to buy this vehicle and they say it needs o2 sensor replaced