Q: Looking for ignition wiring diagrams for my vehicle

Hello! My name is Edward, and I hope this question isn't too much trouble. I have a 1997 e350 15passenger van with the 7.3 Diesel engine in it. I am attempting to install a Viper 4105V remote start and I have the installation paperwork, but I need wiring colors / diagrams for the van itself so I know what wires I am attaching the remote start wires to. I can only find wiring information for the gasoline version of my van, not the diesel I have. Any help acquiring this information would be greatly appreciated.

I have two recommendations for wiring diagrams that you could use. The first of which is to subscribe to a service such as AllData or Mitchell ProDemand. These services provide many specifications for wires, torque specs, fluid capacities, and beyond. These services come with a monthly fee however and may not be the best choice if you are only needing the wiring diagram for one single purpose. The other recommendation that I have would be to look around at your local auto parts store for a Chilton or Haynes book. These are books that have much of the same information as the factory service manual would have. It is very likely that you will find the wiring diagram that you need in one of those books. Those books usually cost between $10-$20 to purchase at the store. If all else fails, I would recommend consulting with a professional who has experience in installing these type of aftermarket security systems.