Q: Location of oil pressure switch

asked by on February 16, 2017

Location of oil pressure switch

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $220.77 Get a Quote

The pressure switch is on the engine block, in the area of the crankshaft pulley. To replace it, disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support the vehicle. Disconnect the oil pressure sensor electrical connector. Position a drain pan under the sensor to catch any spilled engine oil. Remove the oil pressure sensor. To install the switch, apply Loctite 5900, or equivalent, to the threads. Tighten to exactly 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). If you over tighten the switch, it will be damaged. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request oil pressure sensor switch replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.