Q: Stalls after refueling

when its cold I will leave running while filling up with gas it dies after starting it stumbles for about 20 seconds it only dies when on fill ups

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a faulty purge valve in your evaporative emissions system. Your car has a small purge valve with a purge solenoid in the Evaporative Emissions system that controls the venting of fumes from the fuel tank as these fumes build up inside, particularly when you are refueling the car with gas. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. When this system is not working correctly, this can cause the car’s computer to make incorrect adjustments resulting in the engine dying as you describe. This will lead to an over fueling situation or an under fueling situation depending on the size of the air leak and engine operating speeds and load. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Stalls after refueling