Q: Lengthening the driveshaft in a car with C6

I'm swapping my FMX for an old C6. I need to lengthen the driveshaft. Do I cut it, slip ends and place the measurement to take measure or have a weld chop and finish it?

A: Driveshafts are a crucial part of your driv...

Driveshafts are a crucial part of your drivetrain. They spin really fast. I wouldn’t even try it if I were you. I would get the measurements and go to a shop that makes driveshafts in order to have this done properly.

They basically have to build it for you because it has to be done on a lathe, has to be perfectly done, and has to be balanced, and those who specialize in driveshafts have tools for that. It’s not something that I advise you to do yourself. I’ve seen people try to do this themselves and then the car shakes like mad, making the vehicle very dangerous to drive on the road.