Q: Lengthening the driveshaft in a car with C6

I'm swapping my FMX for an old C6. I need to lengthen the driveshaft. Do I cut it, slip ends and place the measurement to take measure or have a weld chop and finish it?

Driveshafts are a crucial part of your drivetrain. They spin really fast. I wouldn’t even try it if I were you. I would get the measurements and go to a shop that makes driveshafts in order to have this done properly.

They basically have to build it for you because it has to be done on a lathe, has to be perfectly done, and has to be balanced, and those who specialize in driveshafts have tools for that. It’s not something that I advise you to do yourself. I’ve seen people try to do this themselves and then the car shakes like mad, making the vehicle very dangerous to drive on the road.

3. Lengthening the driveshaft in a car with C6