Q: Leak keeping top from going up.

There is a leak in the hydraulic system for the convertible top, so the top won't go up. I know the top works, there just seems to be a leak in the line somewhere.

A: Hello. I have found that the most common ca...

Hello. I have found that the most common cause of leaking fluid on this system is the hydraulic piston assembly. Over time the seals start leaking and allow the fluid to come out and many times the top will not work because of this. You can typically remove this piston assembly and have it rebuilt as new units are not available for this. If this is not something that you plan on doing then you should enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.