Q: Leak

My father in law says that I destroyed a car he gave my son. It started leaking and it didn't have an oil change for 7k miles. He's says the leak was caused by it not having an oil change an 5k. Is this true?

Without any information about the vehicle, I can say this. Many cars today have oil change intervals of 7500 miles and even up to 15,000+ miles. Going 7000 miles between oil changes is generally not going to be the cause of an oil leak. A worn damaged seal or gasket is most likely the cause of the oil leak.

I suggest getting the vehicle serviced by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, if you decide to get this fixed. They’ll be able to diagnose the source of the leak and make the necessary repairs. Best of luck.