Q: key unlocks doors and trunk but ignition is locked key will not turn ignition, i think maybe key is worn out?

key unlocks doors and trunk but ignition is locked key will not turn ignition,

There are several possibilities. The key could be worn (try a spare key), the lock cylinder could be worn or broken, in which case no matter what key you try it might not work and/or there could be an issue with the shift interlock. The ignition "switch" is an electro-mechanical device so if you simply request an electric component inspection - ignition switch the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. key unlocks doors and trunk but ignition is locked key will not turn ignition, i think maybe key is worn out?