Q: KEY fob works on all doors but drivers

the drivers door will only unlock with key FOB when the door is open? what could be causing this?

A: Hello. We need to gather some more informat...

Hello. We need to gather some more information. Does the door lock using the driver controls on the inside with the door closed? If not, the locking mechanism may be wearing down and not be able to able to provide enough power to unlock the door. The door may also be out of alignment causing extra strain on the lock preventing it from opening. Does the handle and its linkage work ok from both inside and outside of the vehicle? The drivers door gets the most use and is the most likely to wear down. You may need to replace the lock mechanism all together. The Fob itself is working fine if the other doors are working correctly. Accessing the lock from behind the door panel might give you some more insight into what is going on. Test the lock while pushing up on the door and see if the door hinge needs to be replaced. Only further testing will tell, but the lock is misaligned or is failing.