Q: Do I have to drop gas tank to change fuel pump in my 2001 Hyundai xg300?

Do I have to drop gas tank to change fuel pump. I believe you can access it from backseat.

The Shop Manual does not refer to any need to remove the tank, therefore there should be an access panel under the seat. Obviously, if no access panel is visible beneath the seat, in that event the tank will have to be lowered. Prior to removing the pump be sure it is actually not functioning versus a circumstance where there is a circuit malfunction. You can power the pump directly to test it and/or measure the resistance of the pump motor windings. If you desire a diagnostic, and replacement only as needed, the recommended service to request is fuel pump service. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Do I have to drop gas tank to change fuel pump in my 2001 Hyundai xg300?