Q: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee dies while driving

My car randomly stalls while idling, slowing down to turn, or stopping at lights. Now it shuts off while driving at any speed. It also won't start again until it cools down.

A faulty idle air control valve would cause the exact issues you describe. The idle air control valve will be located right next to the throttle body inlet. The idle air control valve controls the idle speed of the engine. When stopping or turning the idle air control valve should decrease or increase the engine RPM’s at a smooth rate to compensate for the changing conditions. I suggest having this stalling issue inspected by a technician to ensure the correct repairs are made.

3. 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee dies while driving