Q: just noticed that it is overheating--no water dripping and the temperature gauge is normal. Not sure if it is the thermostat.

I can smell that it is overheating now. I recently noticed the coolant level was a little low so I added to it to the fill line I thought. But it still smelled like it was overheated a bit but no real evidence of it. Now I can visibly see the smoke coming out of the engine but no liquid pouring down. The temperature gauge was still at normal.

3. just noticed that it is overheating--no water dripping and the temperature gauge is normal. Not sure if it is the thermostat.