Q: Just got a new radiator now it's making a clicking sound

why is car making clicking sound

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. With the information that is given, the only thing that can make a clicking sound after installing a new radiator is a radiator fan is coming in contact with the radiator, the shroud, or hitting a wire. Check out the radiator and listen when the engine is running to see if the fan is hitting anything when it is spinning.

If you have an electric fan and the fan is wobbly, then you would need to remove the fan assembly and spin it by hand. It is possible that the fan blades could be bent or the drive rod could be bent. If you need assistance checking for the clicking sound, then I recommend seeking out a technician to diagnose the sound and proceed with the needed repairs.