Gurgling noise and transmission fluid leak 2009 Chevrolet...

Q: Gurgling noise and transmission fluid leak 2009 Chevrolet Malibu

asked by on February 16, 2017

My 2009 Chevy Malibu is making this gurgling noise and noticed some transmission fluid on the garage floor.

Hello - the gurgling noise is most likely a cooling system issue - perhaps overheating that has not yet caused a failure. Check coolant level (engine cold), and the transmission fluid level as well. Look for clear, pinkish (not dark) color, and relatively clear trans fluid. I would recommend a engine noise inspection and a leaking fluids inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.