Q: It's an i30 hatch. 60% of the time, cold or hot, it starts on the second go rather than first

The car runs perfectly and I replaced the battery. The problem is still there. It turns over fine and at the right speed but won't start. Then a second engage of the started and it starts within 2-3 seconds.

Is it a deeper problem and is it possible to narrow down a cause.

Kind regards

Brendan

My car has 80,000 miles.

Hi there. The engine starting on the second attempt, may be the result of a faulty relay, such as the fuel pump relay, ECM (engine control module) relay. The ignition switch could also be at fault. Diagnoses may prove to be difficult. Assuming the Check Engine Light is not coming on once started, this leads me to believe the ECM/computer is not recognizing the fault. Replacing components without diagnoses could be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s starting trouble diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

• It's an i30 hatch. 60% of the time, cold or hot, it starts on the second go rather than first