Q: It doesn't seem to shift gears? 1993 Toyota Camry

I can start the car just fine and I can move in reverse fine but as soon as I put it in drive it only goes up to about 20 maybe it sounds like it's not shifting and the engine is reving but I don't go any faster a friend said it could be a sensor or a valve cap but I can't take it in anywhere to find out the problem because two wheels are flat and I have no way to inflate them. Thanks I hope you can help

Hi - the first thing to check is the fluid level in the transmission, and the fluid condition (pink, relatively clear and no burned smell are what you want here ). This transmission has a governor in the transmission that influences when to up-shift. If the governor malfunctions, the transmission won’t shift up as you describe. You don’t indicate your mileage, but if the transmission fluid/filter have not been changed in recent history, a transmission fluid/filter service may be beneficial. Otherwise, i would recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. It doesn't seem to shift gears? 1993 Toyota Camry