Q: It acts like I'm running out of gas and it doesn't want to keep going but my tank is full.

My car acting like it wants to stop on me while I'm at a red light and go to take off the vehicle doesn't have any get up and go. What's wrong with it?

You might have a failing fuel pump (or pressure regulator) and that is easy to diagnose based on external gauge pressure. With a lot of miles, one thing to be wary of is a timing belt that has slipped. That will cause poor performance. Other possibilities include faults in the throttle position sensor, mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, a clogged fuel filter, defective EGR valve or control circuit, and worn out spark plugs and wires. A mechanic would simply investigate these possibilities sequentially and also check to see if any diagnostic trouble codes can be downloaded from the PCM. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine hesitation diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. It acts like I'm running out of gas and it doesn't want to keep going but my tank is full.