Q: is there any way possible a clogged untake before air filter or a bad pcv can ever lead to rod damage in the engine

Drove car to store. Came back out and engine wouldn't turn over. Was a bad starter. Replaced starter and no luck. Removed #1 spark plug and burped the engine,some kind of vapor lock? Engine turned over and rod was immediately knocking. With full new oil change and oil filter. Took car to Toyota and they said rod was wrapped around crank shaft and engine is shot. I'm real confused of how a rod gets so damaged from engine not running then total knock upon restarting.there was no knock or engine problem before stopping at store. How is any of this possible? It doesn't make sense

3. is there any way possible a clogged untake before air filter or a bad pcv can ever lead to rod damage in the engine