Q: Is it normal that the condenser fan is not running at cold start, or after the car is not used for several days?

Is it normal that the condenser fan is not running at cold start, or after the car is not used for several days?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Correct - this i...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Correct - this is normal behavior. The condenser fan (sometimes called an auxiliary fan) is usually managed by either a coolant temperature switch on the radiator (requires the engine to be above normal operating temperature range to be invoked), or the fan is automatically turned on when the air conditioning is turned on in the passenger compartment. Cold startup will not have the needed coolant temperature, but turning on the AC will likely turn the fan on. Hope this helps and best of luck!