Q: Interior lights turn off. 1986 Chevy K10

My interior lights in my truck won’t come on until I pull out the switch. But then I can’t turn them off and then they drain my battery. I’ve put in a new switch, but it hasn’t helped. Do you have any other ideas?

A: Hello. Typically this is caused by a short ...

Hello. Typically this is caused by a short in the combination switch. These circuits run through there and the fuse box so it may also have a short in the fuse box. I usually do a complete test with a voltage meter to see where the short is and repair it as needed. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the lighting issue and assist with the proper repairs.