Q: Interior lights coming on when braking

The computer in the car shows the driver's door is ajar when it is not. When I hit the brakes, all of the interior lights come on and do not go off until you accelerate again. Also, the push lock switch on the inside goes down, but then comes right back up.

A: You may have an issue with the drivers door...

You may have an issue with the drivers door switch not making proper contact, broken wires, or an alignment issue between to door and latch. A visual inspection followed possibly by removing interior panels may be required. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can assist you in diagnosis and repair.