Q: Interior and parking lights stay on after car has been turned off - 1978 Buick Electra

There are some electrical issues occuring in my car and I would like to fix them. When I turn the engine off, the interior lights won't turn off. I have to take the fuse out so as to turn them off. Also, the parking lights stay on until I disconnect the battery. How can I fix this?

A: Hello. If these lights will not turn off th...

Hello. If these lights will not turn off then it is usually in the light switch. This switch can fail internally and cause this. It can also be the ignition switch, but most of the time you will also have other issues. The electrical system will need to be fully tested with a voltage meter to find the issue. If you want to have this checked, consider a certified technician from YourMechanic who can come to your home or office, diagnose this electrical wiring issue and make necessary repairs.