Q: Instrument panel acts erratically and A/C won't cool

Occasionally when turning the car on or after having driven for a while, the instrument cluster starts acting erratically. Along with this irregularity, the radio will turn on and off and the volume is not controllable. The A/C will stop blowing cold air through the vents. Even if I turn the car off and back on, the instrument cluster problem still exists. However, the a/c will most of the time go back to blowing cold air after turning the car back on. (It can sometimes just take a bit of time.) What will solve these problems?

A: There is a GM technical bulletin (#PIC5615B...

There is a GM technical bulletin (#PIC5615B: Intermittent IPC Backlight Flash Or IPC Inoperative Code U0155 May Be Set - Feb 19, 2013) that may apply to your vehicle and the issue you are experiencing. They mention inspecting fuse F26DA in the IP fuse block for a spread terminal. You may also want to contact a Chevrolet dealer. If it’s occurring with your Sonic, it’s likely to have occurred with other Sonics. If you would like to have this checked by an independent mechanic, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your electrical system to determine what repairs are needed.