Q: Ignition off issue.

So I have a corvette with a custom built supercharged 383 stroker and I have noticed something every now and then after I turn the ignition off. It will shut off but just before it dies completely it sputters for a second then shuts down. Best way I can describe it is I shut the key off and it right as the engine stops it revs slightly and shuts off. I'm not sure if it's turning backwards or what and it doesn't happen all the time and it's puzzling to me, I don't know if it is something I should be concerned about?

Hi There, This can happen for a few different reasons, some of which may be related to the way the supercharger is tuned. Usually it’s a sign of one or more of the following: Excessive gasoline remains inside the combustion chamber even after shutoff, causing "auto-ignition" (similar to dieseling due to compression ignition) even after you turn off your engine, carburetor or EFI is out of adjustment causing excess fuel to be supplied to the motor, or the air filter could be a bit clogged, causing the motor to run rich as a result of starving for air. I would suggest having the motor properly tuned to be sure any of these are not causing the problem.

3. Ignition off issue.