Q: Ignition key replacement on locked car.

I need the ignition key replaced because it is locked and the car has an alarm. Is that possible to fix?

Hi there. If the key is stuck in the ignition then the ignition lock cylinder is either bad or you have a dead battery. I would test the battery first and see if that is the problem. If the battery is fine then the key may need to be drilled out and the ignition replaced. If the problem is that the vehicle is locked and you do not have a key then a locksmith can come out and get the vehicle opened but the alarm will sound. The best thing to do would be to take your VIN number and registration to a dealer to have a key made.