Q: if you jump start a car and it shuts off as soon as you take off the cables is the alternator bad

same as the question

Hello. Yes, a car that shuts off as soon as the cables, or power source are removed can indeed be an indicator of a bad alternator. I would remove and test the alternator before replacing it just to be sure. If you need help with this, feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can test your alternator and diagnose your dead battery symptoms in order to get your car running again.

3. if you jump start a car and it shuts off as soon as you take off the cables is the alternator bad