Q: I was told that p1273 code for my 2004 Nissan maxima is gonna keep coming on until I get oxygen sensor from actual Nissan dealersh

asked by on June 03, 2017

I was told that p1273 code is gonna keep coming on until I get Oxygen sensor placed in it from actual Nissan dealership because the one I got from advance auto parts isn't the official one. Is that true I need the sensor from Nissan dealership?

Hi there. When it comes to replacing O2 sensors or any other sensor, it is always recommended to use an OEM or original equipment manufacturer replacement part. The sensor is designed to collect data and transmit it through an electrical harness and to the ECU to be stored. However, it is possible that the electrical harness itself is the reason why your receiving this error code (which is specific to Nissan vehicles). You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to determine the right course of action by completing a check engine light inspection.