Q: I was sitting at a stoplight land my car was out about 150 degrees, then the temperature shot up

asked by on December 09, 2017

I was sitting at a stoplight and my car was out about 150 have to temp and it shot straight up and said it was overheating I checked my coolant it was full my timing chain cover was replaced and the coolant tank was replaced also what’s happing

If the temperature shoots up suddenly, that usually says low coolant. There might be air pockets in the cooling system and looking at the coolant tank will not tell you that. The system may need to be properly filled and the air bled out. Contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your overheating Pontiac and recommend a solution.