Q: I was in an accident and my break line, and axles are messed up, I think they are bent, and my left rim is bent. How much would th

I was in an accident. My break line and axles are broken, and my left rim is bent. I was not able to stop my car because my break line broke. Is the car worth fixing? The front bumper is completely off and the windshield fluid box is cracked. What would be the best advice to go about fixing the problem?

Hi there:

Unfortunately, this task is better suited for an insurance claims adjuster or a professional mechanic who can complete a onsite inspection of the vehicle. If the brake line broke, it’s possible that severe damage has occurred to the braking system; including the electrical components that comprise the ABS system. Serious front end damage can also negatively impact the vehicle’s overall performance, damage motor mounts, cooling system and even transmission parts. The best advice I could suggest is to contact your insurance company and have the claims adjuster give you an estimate for repairs vs. the cost of coverage so you can make an informed decision.

• I was in an accident and my break line, and axles are messed up, I think they are bent, and my left rim is bent. How much would th