Q: I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and steering wheel became hard to maneuver. What is the issue

I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and battery picture showed up too. The steering wheel got hard to maneuver. What could this be? Please help. Im at a gas station now for help...but i dont know what thr problem is.

Hi there. Base on what you’ve described, you may have lost the serpentine belt. This belt uses engine power to turn the alternator and power steering pump. Look to the passenger side of the engine compartment and check to see if a belt is still in the area, if not, then the belt will need to be replaced. If the belt is still present, inspect it for a break, if there is not break, then one of the driven pulleys or the tensioner may be at fault. YourMechanic has several available technicians to assist you with an inspection for your concern, serpentine belt replacement, and provide an estimate and direction of repair.

3. I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and steering wheel became hard to maneuver. What is the issue