Q: I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and steering wheel became hard to maneuver. What is the issue

I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and battery picture showed up too. The steering wheel got hard to maneuver. What could this be? Please help. Im at a gas station now for help...but i dont know what thr problem is.

3. I was driving on highway when light came on to check charging system and steering wheel became hard to maneuver. What is the issue