Q: I was driving my car was it did not accelerate and was grinding it died on me. I replaced with new alternator and battery.

I was driving home and my car was not accelerating i was going 40 and it felt like 25. The car was grinding and when i pulled over the car completely died and locked on me. It wouldn't move at all it was completely dead for 2 months. I replaced with new alternator and battery and now it just clicks when i turn keys. It wont turn over yet what could be the problem now?

Check to be sure the battery is fully charged. Store bought batteries are not always fully charged. With a fully charged battery, if the starter motor does not function, the starting circuit must be diagnosed to pinpoint the fault. However, if the starter pinion gear drive is engaging the flywheel (or flex plate) ring gear, but the starter motor is just not turning the engine over, it is possible the engine is seized. Using the crankshaft pulley bolt, you can turn the engine over by hand to rule seizure in or out. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the mechanic will get your car started and then check it out for safe operation. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I was driving my car was it did not accelerate and was grinding it died on me. I replaced with new alternator and battery.