Q: Engine froze up

My engine is froze up from being parked for six months. In addition, the battery charges, but won't turn the engine.

Hi there. If the engine will not crank over even with a fully charged battery, then there is another problem. If it is suspected that the engine is frozen then a mechanic would typically try turning over the engine by hand at the crank pulley. If it cannot be turned by hand then it needs a repaired engine. If it can be turned over by hand, then it may just need a starter. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect your vehicle’s turn over issue to have your car fixed and back on the road.

3. Engine froze up