Q: Engine froze up

My engine is froze up from being parked for six months. In addition, the battery charges, but won't turn the engine.

A: Hi there. If the engine will not crank over...

Hi there. If the engine will not crank over even with a fully charged battery, then there is another problem. If it is suspected that the engine is frozen then a mechanic would typically try turning over the engine by hand at the crank pulley. If it cannot be turned by hand then it needs a repaired engine. If it can be turned over by hand, then it may just need a starter. I would recommend having a mechanic inspect your vehicle's turn over issue to have your car fixed and back on the road.