Q: I want my car repaired but not sure what the problem of th e car is. lately when i start the car it just makes a grinding noise an

Car sometimes when i start it just makes a loud grinding sound but when i start it again it works it only happens once or twice every now and then so i dont know what isbcausing it. I went to a shop and they couldnt diagnose the problem because it was starting ok when i was there

If you have confirmed that there is a loud grinding noise on starter activation, that means one thing and one thing only: the starter motor is failing, likely due to an internal fault such as a bad starter drive gear, and will eventually stop working. Depending on the mode of failure, teeth on the flex plate that engage with the starter can get damaged. Even as the problem is only intermittent now, the wisest thing to do is schedule starter replacement.

3. I want my car repaired but not sure what the problem of th e car is. lately when i start the car it just makes a grinding noise an