Q: I've had my power steering pump changed as long as I'm giving the car has and moving the wheel is easy to turn but if I'm not givi

I just had my power steering pump replaced because it was hard to turn well I got my car back and when turning without giving it gas the wheel is still hard to turn .The mechanic said drive it for a couple of weeks it should loosen up if not bring it back I may need a rack and pinion is this correct ?

Hi there. To an extent, the mechanic you are working with is correct. One of the common symptoms of a new rack and pinion system is that it tends to be ’tight’ in steering when power steering fluid pressure is low (like when you are at idle). It could also be low power steering fluid level or an air bubble inside the power steering lines. I would recommend giving it a few weeks to see if things clear up with the power steering, but if it does not; feel free to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection, so they can isolate this issue and recommend a repair.

3. I've had my power steering pump changed as long as I'm giving the car has and moving the wheel is easy to turn but if I'm not givi