Q: I switched my steering lock and now my key won't work on my car. What should I do?

my car wouldnt start and my steering wheel was locked so i switched the steering lock. now my key fabs wont turn on my car. how can i get them programed to my car?

A: Whenever the keys or ignition lock are repl...

Whenever the keys or ignition lock are replaced on Mercedes models equipped with the smart key, the dealership must reprogram the ignition and keys together. Unfortunately, the vehicle may have to be towed to your local Mercedes dealership along with all keys for reprogramming. If you need any assistance after having the keys programmed, then I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform a 75-point safety inspection to make sure car is as safe as possible.